F-3 Family Dependant Visa
The F-3 visa is granted to the spouse and underage children of D·E affiliated main visa holders.
Persons eligible for F-3 Visa
Spouses and minor children of foreigners who are eligible for residence from a cultural and artistic (D-1 visa) to a specific activity (E-7 visa).
How to apply for F-3 visa
1. After receiving the visa number first through an application for certificate of visa eligibility at the domestic immigration office, you can apply for visa issuance to the relevant national consulate. If you apply for certificate of visa eligibility (invitation), you must apply at the same time with the main visa applicant to make an invitation.
2. If the main visa applicant enters Korea first without applying for a visa at the same time, spouses and minor children need to apply for a visa at the consulate of the relevant country or enter Korea on a short-term visa such as B-1, B-2, and C-3, and then change to an F-3 visa.
For example, foreign spouses and underage children who are eligible to study abroad visa (D-2) are subject to the visa issuance of consulate of the relevant country.
Foreign spouses and underage children who are eligible to stay on investment visa (D-8) enter in Korea with C-3 short-term visa and then change their stay status in Korea to F-3 visa.
Required documents for F-3 Visa
1. In case of an application for certificate of visa eligibility in domestic immigration office
(1) Application for certificate of visa eligibility
(2) Copy of a passport
(3) Family relationship certificate
(4) Marriage certificate
(5) Birth certificate
2. In case of an application for a visa to consulate of the relevant country
(1) The basic required documents are the same as the application for certificate of visa eligibility in domestic immigration office.
(2) Additional documents might be required – invitation letter (including reasons for invitation, memorandum of return guarantee), overseas criminal background certificate, certificate of employment if the invitee is a worker, or certificate of enrollment if the invitee is a student.
(3) The documents required by the consulate different for each country, so the exact documents need to be checked in advance.