F-2-7 Point Based Residence visa
We will quickly reply to you all about visa inquiries by e-mail.
(If you need, we will also guide you on our visa service scope and fee.)
It is a residence visa that is issued to talented people like professionals, study abroad human resources who can get the combined score more than 80 points in items such as age, educational background, income, Korean language ability.
The F-2-7 Residence Visa is attractive in that it allows free social activities compared to work visa. It’s relatively easy to change jobs and you can set up your own business. Your spouse and child can also get F-2-7 visa if you meet the income requirement. Thanks to these benefits, currently many D-2, D-8, D-10, E-2, E-7 visa holders are eager to apply for F-2-7 visa.
Eligibility of F-2-7 Residence Visa by type
1. Professional Workers
(1) Registered foreigners who are professionals, etc and have any of the following : from professors (E-1) to professionals (E-7-1) or coverage (D-5) to trade management (D-9).
(2) As of the date of application, he/she has been staying legally for at least three consecutive years as a professional status listed above, and have met the requirements for stay, such as extending his/her status of residence at the time of application.
(3) Exemption of three years rule in any of the following cases:
– The annual income amount on income certificate is more than 40 million won
– He/She is recommended by the head of central ministries as an invitee to the project to support the attraction of overseas human resources in science and engineering.
2. Study Abroad Human Resources
(1) A person who is a legal resident with a master’s degree or higher in Korea and who has been confirmed or employed in a job that is eligible for residence from professors (E-1) to professionals (E-7-1) or coverage (D-5) to trade management (D-9) within five years from the date of obtaining his degree.
(2) A foreigner who has obtained a degree of a regular bachelor’s degree or higher in Korean as an outstanding person of the participating countries in the Korean war and has been recommended by the head of central ministries.
(3) Exemption of three years rule (combined staying period as D-2 and D-10 Visa) will be applied and you can change from a D-2 visa or a D-10 visa to an F-2-7 visa without going through an E-affiliated visa.
3. Employees at listed company
(1) An employee of a corporation listed on the domestic securities market (KOSPI) or (KOSDAQ) and a foreigner whose employment has been confirmed by signing an employment contract.
(2) Exemption of three years rule (three consecutive years as a professional status) will be applied.
4. Employees in promising industries
(1) IT, technology management, nano, digital electronics, bio, transportation and machinery, new materials, environment and energy industries, or foreigners whose employment has been confirmed by signing an employment contract.
(2) The income of the previous year recorded on the certificate of income amount must be at least 1.5 times the GNI (Those who will be employed can substitute the annual salary in the employment contract)
F-2-7 Visa Score table
Out of total 170 points, the combined score of each evaluation item must be 80 points or more.
The main evaluation items are age, education, major, Korean language ability (KIIP or TOPIK), annual income and extra points include completion of KIIP stage 5, graduation from domestic university or Qs top ranking 500 university, and domestic community service activities.
You can check your points by calculating in the score table below.
How to grant period of stay for F-2-7 visa
The period of stay is given by applying the criteria favorable to the person among the combined score and annual income score for each evaluation item
-Combined score of 130 or higher or annual income score of 50 or higher → Period of stay 5 years
-Combined score of 120~129 or annual income score of 45 or higher → Period of stay 3 years
-Combined score of 110~119 or annual income score of 40 or higher → Period of stay 2 years
-Combined score of 80~109 or annual income score of 30 or higher → Period of stay 1 years
F-2-7 Accompanying Family Visa
1. Spouse and children of talented people under score system can also apply for F-2-7 Visa.
2. If the annual income of the state resident (main visa applicant) is above GNI, it is possible to change to F-2-7 visa as well. Otherwise, you will receive an F-1 visa.
3. In principle, accompanying families must apply for a change of visa at the same time with applicant subject to the score system evaluation.
4. Accompanying families can work after receiving an F-2-7 Visa.
Required documents for F-2-7 Visa
2. Integrated application form
3. Alien Registration Card
4. Photo (It should be taken within 6 month)
5. Score table with points
6. Back up documents proving score
7. Employment contract
8. Overseas criminal background certificate
9. Documents related company
10. Other additional document by type